Antarctica Newsletter 4 - For Teachers
Tēnā koutou, it's Shelley here.
This is the fourth newsletter for the LEARNZ Antarctica virtual field trip. Read previous newsletters.
Things to do from this newsletter:
- complete the field trip evaluation
- send email@example.com your field trip work to share with others on the website
1. THANK YOU
- Thank you for your participation in the Antarctica field trip to Scott Base. What an amazing adventure we had!
- Thanks to our many experts associated with the field trip, especially Craig Stevens who helped organise the trip and co-ordinate experts.
- The time and effort that has been put into the field trip by everyone involved has been very much appreciated.
2. EVALUATION FORM
- Please complete the evaluation form now on your MyLEARNZ control panel - More info.
- We need your input to make sure we provide the highest quality LEOTC experiences
- Our sponsors need to know what you think of LEARNZ so they keep paying the bills (i.e. we want to keep LEARNZ freely available) and
- You have a chance to win the field trip evaluation prize if you submit an evaluation by Friday 27 November 2015
- Forgotten your password? Recover it now.
3. FIELD TRIP CONTRIBUTIONS
- Let me know how you used the trip with your class so I can encourage other teachers. Send your ideas to me firstname.lastname@example.org, e.g. audioconference summaries, photos of artwork, Blog links etc and I will publish it for your class and others to view.
4. KEEP USING THE FIELD TRIP
- The Antarctica website has all the field trip material recorded for you and your class to use. Remember to continue to access the activities. Be sure to take a look at the videos and the many still images in the photo gallery. Also get a better idea of the field trip surroundings by looking at the panoramas included in the diaries.
- The new enhanced LEARNZ audioconferences are available for replay at any time in Audioconference Recordings. These recordings include the supporting visuals, text and audio from the formal audioconference as well as the spontaneous questions and answers from the open session.
- Watch the videos and follow the video questions link to encourage further inquiry.
- Read or listen to the background reading pages and field trip material to help focus your class inquiry.
Ka kite anō,
LEARNZ Field Trip Teacher