Finding Resilience field trip newsletter 3 for teachers
Kia ora koutou Shelley here,
Make sure students have the field trip link http://www.learnz.org.nz/location173
1. Key dates and times
- Monday 28 August - check devices, field trip web site and access to Adobe Connect.
- Tuesday 29 August - Virtual Field Trip to Wellington gets under way. First web conference at 9.15am on Tuesday.
- Tuesday 29 August - Read Shelley's first diary and look at the images.
- Wednesday 30 August - first videos online from day 1 of the Finding Resilience field trip.
- Friday 22 September at 4pm. Teachers submitting evaluations by this time and day are eligible for the prize draw.
2. Web Conferences and Adobe Connect
Check web conferences which features the timetable, questions, and recordings.
- To access the LEARNZ Adobe Connect meeting room:
- Go to http://connect.vln.school.nz/learnz
- Click Enter as guest
- Type your school or class name (no password needed)
- Click Enter Room
- Introduce yourself and say where you are from.
- Note: Some teachers allow students direct access to the live web conference because their students know how to stay on task in the chat area. Other teachers access the web conference themselves then show it on a data projector and use a shared document to gather extra questions.
- While the formal questions from booked schools are answered, the LEARNZ Adobe Connect meeting room will include related visuals.
- After the formal web conference session, there are opportunities for students listening to the web conference to post extra questions.
- Web conference summaries can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Find out more about LEARNZ on LEARNZ on Adobe Connect in LEARNZ support.
- Activities related to each background page assist with prior learning for the field trip.
- Look at the planning sequence in the Resources section - good for helping you keep your class on track during the field trip.
- With the class username and password that you set up for them on MyLEARNZ, students can access the web conferences and share their learning at home with family - more.
4. Twitter updates
Follow me @ShelleyHersey #learnztrip on Twitter during the field trip for highlights as they happen. Get involved and I’ll catch you in the Twittersphere!
- During the field trip, videos with captions are uploaded to the website each morning.
- The first videos (from day one of the field trip) will be online Wednesday morning 30 August.
See you all soon,
LEARNZ Field Trip Teacher