Memorial Park 1 - Newsletter 3 for Teachers
Kia ora koutou, Shelley here.
It is great to have you on board for our Memorial Park field trip. The ambassadors and I are all set to start tomorrow. I am sure you and your students are looking forward to an interesting and fun field trip experience.
This trip is supported by NZTA.
Things to do from this newsletter (previous newsletters for this field trip):
1. KEY DATES and TIMES
- Tuesday 19 November - Virtual Field Trip to Wellington gets under way.
- Read Shelley's diary and look at the panorama image on Tuesday 19 November which follow the travel day.
- First audioconference at 11:15am on Tuesday 19 November.
- First videos and video questions online Wednesday 20 November.
- Friday 13 December. Teachers submitting evaluations by this time and day are eligible for the prize draw.
- Check the audioconferences page which has links to all aspects of the audioconferences.
- Audioconference questions are now available online which you can print off for your class to read during the audioconference.
- You can listen to audioconferences live on the internet or to a recording later.
- Audioconference summaries can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Listening Schools - go to the audioconference live streaming page.
- Speaking schools - Press the mute button to un-mute your phone so you can talk and then press the mute button again as soon as you have finished speaking.
- Speaking Schools - If other students are listening to the audioconference on the internet, ensure they are in a different room to the one being used for the audioconference.
- Get the students primed and ready to learn by visiting Activities.
- Some print-and-copy activities also have answers available in the Resources section.
- With the class username and password that you set up for them on MyLEARNZ, students can share their learning at home wth family.
- During the field trip, videos with captions and questions are uploaded to the website each morning.
- Video questions and answers can be downloaded from the Resources section.
- The first videos (from Tuesday) will be online on Wednesday morning.
5. WEB BOARD
- During the field trip students from your class can add their questions to the Memorial Park Ask-an-Expert Web Board.
- The Ask-an-Expert Web Board will remain active for 4 weeks following the trip, after which time it will be placed in the Memorial Park Website under a new link called 'Questions-Answers'.
- Teachers are expected to manage the way their students use Ask-an-Expert. Your school's Internet Use Policy should govern the way students behave online.
6. FOR TEACHERS WHO ARE NEW TO LEARNZ
- If you have questions regarding the field trip please phone 0800 22 55 53, or email me email@example.com
See you all soon!
LEARNZ Field Trip Teacher