What's the Plan, Stan? Newsletter 4 - For Teachers
Tēnā koutou, it's Andrew here.
This is the fourth newsletter for the LEARNZ What's the Plan, Stan? virtual field trip. Read previous newsletters.
Things to do from this newsletter:
- Complete the field trip evaluation.
- Send email@example.com your field trip work to share with others on the website.
- Enrol in the Life at the Boundary field trip.
1. Thank you
- Thank you for your participation in the What's the Plan, Stan? field trip to Christchurch.
- Thanks to our experts associated with the field trip.
- Thanks also to our field trip sponsors - EQC and Ministry of Civil Defence and Emergency Management.
2. Evaluation form
- Please complete the evaluation form now on your MyLEARNZ control panel - More info.
- We need your input to make sure we provide the highest quality LEOTC experiences.
- Our sponsors need to know what you think of LEARNZ so they keep paying the bills (i.e. we want to keep LEARNZ freely available) and
- You have a chance to win the field trip evaluation prize, kindly donated by Christchurch City Council and Ministry of Civil Defence and Emergency Management. Submit your evaluation by Friday 10 November 2017.
- Forgotten your password? Recover it now.
3. Pre-test and post-test self-assessment
- The pre-test was an opportunity to find out more about what your students knew before the What's the Plan, Stan? field trip.
- The post-test can help show what your students have learned from participating in the field trip. If your students did not complete the pre-test prior to the field trip they still can complete the post-test.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request your class results.
4. Keep using the field trip
- The What's the Plan, Stan? website has all the field trip material recorded for you and your class to use. Remember to continue to access the activities. Be sure to take a look at the videos and the many still images in the photo gallery. Also get a better idea of the field trip surroundings by looking at the panoramas included in the diaries.
- The LEARNZ web conferences are available for replay at any time on the web conference page. These recordings include the supporting visuals, text and audio from the formal web conference as well as the spontaneous questions and answers from the open session.
- Watch the videos and follow the video questions link to encourage further inquiry.
- Read or listen to the background reading pages and field trip material to help focus your class inquiry.
5. Life at the Boundary
- An ideal field trip to follow after What's the Plan, Stan? is Life at the Boundary. Read more about this field trip and enrol now.
Ka kite anō,
LEARNZ Field Trip Teacher