No More Tips or Dumps Newsletter 2 for teachers
The No More Tips or Dumps field trip to Auckland takes place in three weeks (20-22 March). Things to do from this newsletter - (previous field trip newsletters can be read here).
- Find out more about how to best utilise this field trip by listening to a recording of the teacher-only PLD webinar for No More Tips or Dumps
- Book your web conference now to secure a time that suits your class
- Sign up your ambassador for this field trip through MyLEARNZ
- Continue to prepare for your students' participation in the field trip by working with the background readings and completing the activities
- Prepare your class to put questions to experts and listen to a live web conference.
1. Enrol all your classes
- Please enrol all the classes you are taking on this field trip; this enables us to report accurately to our supporters, continue to offer LEARNZ free of charge and it helps us to support you and your students.
2. Web conferences
- Personalise the field trip for your students by taking part in a live web conference. During web conferences students will be able to put questions to experts who are on location.
- One web conference will be held each day on 22-22 March, divided into a formal first part and an informal second part
- Details about connecting to web conferences are in your MyLEARNZ control panel
- Check the web conference topics on the timetable and book your web conference now by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Running alongside the 15-20 minute formal, structured live web conference is web cam view and summaries of answers in the LEARNZ Zoom meeting room
- After the formal web conference the meeting room will remain open to allow you and your students to type extra questions in the chat pod and have them answered, live
- The platform is easy to use and is the same as for the LEARNZ PD sessions.
3. Pre-test self-assessment
- The pre-test is an opportunity to find out more about what your students know before the No More Tips or Dumps field trip
- The link for the post test will be available after the field trip. Email email@example.com to request your class results.
4. Your suggestions
- Do you have suggestions for the No More Tips or Dumps field trip website? Maybe you would like a video made on a specific topic or a career for your students.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org the LEARNZ Teacher if you have a request for content such as field trip videos, web conferences, diaries or photos.
5. Encouraging Parental Involvement: Home-School partnerships
- Teachers, you can communicate with parents about supporting your students' learning during this field trip. Find out how and get the text for a letter or email home.
6. Social Media
- Follow me @andrewpenny01 #learnztrip on Twitter during the field trip for highlights as they happen
- Follow LEARNZ on facebook and Instagram.
7. For teachers who are new to LEARNZ:
- There is no prescribed way of using a LEARNZ virtual field trip
- Curriculum links are available for you to check and see how the field trip relates to your class programme
- There is a planning sequence in the Resources section under the heading Contributions. This short-term lesson sequence makes use of all field trip components for a virtual field trip.
- The Prepare students section of the No More Tips or Dumps site ensures your students are ready when the field trip gets under way
- The background pages give an overall idea of the topic and can be used to generate further inquiry. The activities consolidate new learning and encourage deeper thinking
- During the field trip your class can follow the action in my daily diary, watch the videos, and ask questions or listen during live web conferences with our experts. Combined with the background readings and the activities, these components are powerful mediums for inquiry learning.
I look forward to you joining us on the No More Tips or Dumps virtual field trip.
Ka kite anō,