Memorial Park 2 - Newsletter #3 for Teachers
Kia ora, Andrew here
It’s fantastic that you are joining us for the Memorial Park 2 field trip. The ambassadors and I are all ready, so it’s now just a matter of set and go!
This trip is supported by NZTA
Things to do from this newsletter (previous newsletters for this field trip):
1. KEY DATES and TIMES
- Tuesday 13 May - Memorial Park 2 Virtual Field Trip gets under way.
- Read Andrew's diary and look at the panorama images on Tuesday 13 May which detail the travel day.
- First audioconference at 1:30pm on Tuesday 13 May.
- First videos and video questions online Wednesday 14 May.
- Friday 6 June Teachers submitting evaluations by this day are eligible for the prize draw.
- Check the audioconferences page which has links to all aspects of the audioconferences.
- Audioconference questions are available online now - you can print these off for your class to read during the audioconference.
- You can listen to audioconferences live on the audioconference stream or to a recording later.
- Audioconference summaries can be emailed to email@example.com.
- Listening Schools - go to the audioconference live streaming page.
- Speaking schools - Press the mute button to un-mute your phone so you can talk and then press the mute button again as soon as you have finished speaking.
- Speaking Schools - If other students are listening to the audioconference on the internet, ensure they are in a different room to the one being used for the audioconference.
NEW! LEARNZ Backchannel
- Throughout the Memorial Park 2 field trip, the LEARNZ backchannel will operate during live audioconferences.
- The LEARNZ backchannel will include live chat where students, or teachers on their behalf, can:
- share ideas
- ask extra questions
- answer questions
- watch related visuals
- contribute links and other examples of their classwork.
- Look out for an email invitation within the next few days that includes instructions and the link.
- Find out more about the LEARNZ backchannel in LEARNZ Support.
- Get the students primed and ready to learn by visiting the activities.
- Print-and-Copy activities also have answers available in Resources.
- With the class username and password that you set up for them on MyLEARNZ, students can share their learning at home with family.
- During the field trip, videos with captions and questions are uploaded to the website each morning.
- Video questions and answers can be downloaded from Resources.
- The first videos (from Tuesday) will be online on Wednesday morning.
5. WEB BOARD
- During the field trip students from your class can add their questions to the Memorial Park 2 Ask-an-Expert Web Board.
- The Ask-an-Expert Web Board will remain active for 4 weeks following the trip, after which time it will be placed in the Memorial Park 2 Website under a new link called Questions-Answers.
- Teachers are expected to manage the way their students use Ask-an-Expert. Your school's Internet Use Policy should govern the way students behave online.
- If you have questions regarding the field trip please phone the teacher Freephone 0800 22 55 53, or email me firstname.lastname@example.org.
See you all soon,
LEARNZ Field Trip Teacher