Memorial Park 2 - Newsletter #4 for Teachers
Tēnā koutou, Andrew here.
This is the fourth newsletter for the LEARNZ Memorial Park 2 virtual field trip. Previous newsletters for this field trip can be read here.
Things to do from this newsletter:
- complete the field trip evaluation
- send your field trip work to share with others on the website to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. THANK YOU
- Well done everyone for taking part in our field trip to Wellington - I hope you all had an interesting and fun learning experience along the way.
- Many thanks to our experts involved in the field trip: Cole Meiring, Russell Scoones, Katherine Heays, Sam Glue, Steve Croft, Htut Win, Matthew Tonks, and Michelle Knappstein.
2. EVALUATION FORM
- Please complete the evaluation form now on your MyLEARNZ control panel.
- We need your input to make sure we provide the highest quality LEOTC experiences
- Our sponsors need to know what you think of LEARNZ so they keep paying the bills (ie we want to keep LEARNZ freely available) and
- You have a chance to win the field trip evaluation prize (if you get your evaluation in by Friday 6 June)
- Forgotten your password? Recover it now.
3. FIELD TRIP CONTRIBUTIONS
- Let me know how you used the trip with your class so I can encourage other teachers. Send your ideas to me email@example.com, e.g. an audioconference summary, photos of artwork, creative writing, Blog links etc. and I will publish or link to it on the Memorial Park 2 website for your class and others to view.
- You might like to check out some collaborative web based tools such as SpiderScribe or VoiceThread, to use for tasks such as the audioconference summary.
4. KEEP USING THE FIELD TRIP
- The Memorial Park 2 website has all the field trip material recorded for you and your class to use.
- Continue to access the activities. Be sure to take a look at the videos and the many still images in the photo gallery. Also get a better idea of the field trip surroundings by looking at the panoramas - just click them to enlarge.
- Each video has a caption with questions for students to answer. A copy of the video questions is in the Teacher Support - Resources section of the website. The videos and questions make an excellent class, group, or individual activity for use at school or as homework. The audioconferences are also available for listening to at any time in Audioconference Recordings.
- The Ask-an-Expert Web Board will be open for your questions until 13 June 2014. This is an excellent place for students to ask 'fat' questions and learn about the correct procedure and language to use on an internet forum such as this.
5. FOLLOW THE SERIES OF FOUR MEMORIAL PARK FIELD TRIPS
- Remember this is the second of four Memorial Park field trips
- Follow the development of the Memorial Park and underpass leading up to the opening on Anzac Day 2015
- Please enrol in each field trip in the series so you can receive newsletters and take part in live audioconferences
- You can tune into the third Memorial Park field trip taking place from 11-13 November 2014
Ka kite anō,
LEARNZ Field Trip Teacher
LEARNZ - Virtual Field trips for New Zealand schools, provided by CORE Education Ltd
PO Box 13678, Christchurch 8141, New Zealand
P 64 0800 22 55 53