Argo Floats Newsletter 4 - For Teachers
Tena koutou, it's Shelley here.
This is the fourth newsletter for the LEARNZ Argo Floats virtual field trip. Previous newsletters from this field trip can be read here.
Things to do from this newsletter:
- complete the field trip evaluation
- send firstname.lastname@example.org your field trip work to share with others on the website
1. THANK YOU
- Well done everyone for taking part in our Argo Floats field trip on board RV Tangaroa. What a great adventure and learning experience we had during the nine day voyage.
- Thanks to our many experts associated with the Field Trip, especially Phil Sutton from NIWA who helped organise the trip and co-ordinate experts.
- The time and effort that has been put into the field trip from everyone involved has been very much appreciated.
2. EVALUATION FORM
- Please complete the evaluation form now on your MyLEARNZ control panel.
- We need your input to make sure we provide the highest quality LEOTC experiences
- Our sponsors need to know what you think of LEARNZ so they keep paying the bills (i.e. we want to keep LEARNZ freely available) and
- You have a chance to win the field trip evaluation prize if you submit an evaluation by Monday 14 July 2014
- Forgotten your password? Recover it now.
3. FIELD TRIP CONTRIBUTIONS
Let me know how you used the trip with your class so I can encourage other teachers. Send your ideas to me email@example.com, e.g. audioconference summaries, photos of artwork, Blog links etc and I will publish it for your class and others to view.
4. KEEP USING THE FIELD TRIP
- The Argo Floats website has all the field trip material recorded for you and your class to use. Remember to continue to access the activities. Be sure to take a look at the videos and the many still images in the photo gallery. Also get a better idea of the field trip surroundings by looking at the panoramas, just click them to enlarge.
- Each video has a caption with questions for students to answer. A copy of the video questions and answers is in the Resources section of the website. The videos and questions make an excellent class, group, or individual activity for use at school or as homework. The audioconferences are also available for listening to at any time in Audioconference Recordings.
- The Ask-an-Expert Web Board will be open for your questions until Monday 14 July 2014. This is an excellent place for students to ask 'fat' questions and learn about the correct procedure and language to use on an internet forum such as this.
- Read or listen to the background reading pages and field trip material to help focus your class inquiry.
Ka kite ano,
LEARNZ Field Trip Teacher