Geohazards field trip newsletter 3 for teachers
Kia ora koutou Shelley here,
Make sure students have the field trip link http://www.learnz.org.nz/geohazards163
1. Key dates and times
- Monday 8 August - check devices, field trip web site, data projector, printer.
- Tuesday 9 August - Virtual Field Trip to the West Coast gets under way. First audioconference at 9.15am on Tuesday.
- Tuesday 9 August - Read Shelley's first diary and look at the images.
- Wednesday 10 August - first videos online from day 1 of the Geohazards field trip.
- Friday 9 September at 4pm. Teachers submitting evaluations by this time and day are eligible for the prize draw.
2. Enhanced Audioconferences and Adobe Connect
- Check the Audioconference page which has information on all aspects of the audioconferences, including the timetable, the questions, an audioconference activity and recordings.
- Audioconference summaries can be emailed to email@example.com.
- Listening Schools - Your class can listen to audioconferences with added visual material in the LEARNZ Adobe Connect meeting room
- Speaking schools - Press the mute button to un-mute your phone so you can talk and then press the mute button again as soon as you are finished speaking.
- Speaking Schools - If other students are listening to the audioconference in the Adobe Connect meeting room ensure they are using headphones or are in a different room.
- Adobe Connect - Throughout the Geohazards field trip, the LEARNZ Adobe Connect meeting room will operate from 9.15am to around 10am.
- While the formal questions from booked schools are answered, the LEARNZ Adobe Connect meeting room will include related visuals and summaries of answers.
- New: After the formal audioconference session there are opportunities for students to ask extra questions
- Go to http://connect.vln.school.nz/learnz/to enter the LEARNZ Adobe Connect meeting room to take part during the live Geohazards audioconference sessions.
- Find out more about LEARNZ on Adobe Connect in LEARNZ support.
- Get the students primed and ready to learn by doing the activities for this Geohazards site.
- Take a look at the planning sequence in the Resources section - good for helping you keep your class on track during the field trip.
- With the class username and password that you set up for them on MyLEARNZ, students can share their learning at home with family - more.
4. Twitter updates
Follow me @ShelleyHersey #learnztrip on Twitter during the field trip for highlights as they happen. Get involved and I’ll catch you in the Twittersphere!
- During the field trip, videos with captions are uploaded to the website each morning.
- The first videos (from the first day of the Geohazards field trip) will be online on the morning of Wednesday 10 August.
6. Web board
- During the field trip students from your class can add their questions to the Geohazards Ask-an-Expert Web Board.
- The Ask-an-Expert Web Board will remain active for 4 weeks following the trip and then it will be placed on the Geohazards Website under a new link called 'Questions-Answers'.
- Teachers are expected to manage the way their students use Ask-an-Expert. Your school's Internet Use Policy should govern the way students behave online.
See you all soon,
LEARNZ Field Trip Teacher