Geohazards Newsletter 4 - For Teachers
Tēnā koutou, it's Shelley here.
This is the fourth newsletter for the LEARNZ Geohazards virtual field trip. Read previous newsletters.
Things to do from this newsletter:
- complete the field trip evaluation
- send firstname.lastname@example.org your field trip work to share with others on the website
1. Thank you
- Thank you for your participation in the Geohazards field trip to the West Coast. What a fascinating week we had!
- Thanks to our experts associated with the field trip, especially Sam Hampton from the University of Canterbury, who helped organise the trip.
- The time and effort that has been put into the field trip by everyone involved has been very much appreciated.
2. Evaluation form
- Please complete the evaluation form now on your MyLEARNZ control panel - More info.
- We need your input to make sure we provide the highest quality LEOTC experiences.
- Our sponsors need to know what you think of LEARNZ so they keep paying the bills (i.e. we want to keep LEARNZ freely available) and
- You have a chance to win the field trip evaluation prize which is the book "Awesome Forces" - The Natural Hazards That Threaten New Zealand. Submit your evaluation by Friday 9 September 2016.
- Forgotten your password? Recover it now.
3. Pre-test and post-test self-assessment
- The pre-test was an opportunity to find out more about what your students knew before the Geohazards field trip.
- The post-test can help show what your students have learned from participating in the field trip. If your students did not complete the pre-test prior to the field trip they still can complete the post-test. Email email@example.com to request your class results.
4. Field trip contributions
- Let me know how you used the trip with your class so I can encourage other teachers. Send your ideas to me firstname.lastname@example.org, e.g. audioconference summaries, photos of artwork, Blog links etc. and I will publish it for your class and others to view.
5. Keep using the field trip
- The Geohazards website has all the field trip material recorded for you and your class to use. Remember to continue to access the activities. Be sure to take a look at the videos and the many still images in the photo gallery. Also get a better idea of the field trip surroundings by looking at the panoramas included in the diaries.
- The new enhanced LEARNZ audioconferences are available for replay at any time in Audioconference Recordings. These recordings include the supporting visuals, text and audio from the formal audioconference as well as the spontaneous questions and answers from the open session.
- Watch the videos and follow the video questions link to encourage further inquiry.
- Read or listen to the background reading pages and field trip material to help focus your class inquiry.
Ka kite anō,
LEARNZ Field Trip Teacher