Welcome to Memorial Park 4, the last of four field trips investigating a roading project to remember those who served at war.
Things to do from this newsletter:
- view the Memorial Park 4 web site
- book an audioconference by emailing email@example.com
- email firstname.lastname@example.org with your requests for the Memorial Park 4 field trip
- prepare your students for their field trip
- check out Resources for some useful links
- sign up an ambassador to join us on the field trip.
1. Key dates
- Tuesday 17 March - Last day for audioconference bookings with Shelley - email@example.com
- Friday 20 March - Audioconference questions due with Shelley - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Friday 20 March - Deadline for Ambassadors to arrive at Shelley’s home office at CMB 14011 Warrington 9449 Dunedin.
- Tuesday 24 March - The fourth Memorial Park Virtual Field Trip to Wellington gets under way!
2. Enrol all your classes
- The Memorial Park field trip takes place from 24-26 March.
- Please enrol all the classes you are taking on this field trip through your MyLEARNZ control panel. This enables us to report accurately to our supporters, continue to offer LEARNZ free of charge and it helps us to support you and your students.
- Personalise the field trip for your students by taking part in a live audioconference using the MoE audiobridge at no cost. During audioconferences students will be able to put questions to experts who are on location.
- Two 20-25 minute audioconferences will be held on each day of the field trip.
- Taking part in audioconferences is a great activity for your class.
- All you need for an audioconference is a speaker phone. Skype can also be used.
- Details about audioconferences can be found in LEARNZ Support – Audioconferences.
- Check the audioconference timetable and book your audioconference now by emailing email@example.com.
4. Your suggestions
- Do you have suggestions for the Memorial Park field trip website? Maybe you would like a video made on a specific topic or career for your students. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a request for content such as field trip videos, audioconferences, diaries or photos.
5. Join the Virtual Learning Network - VLN
- Join the LEARNZ group on the VLN to share your ideas and gain inspiration from other teachers using the Virtual Great Walker field trip.
- Schools are invited to send an ambassador on this field trip.
- Read more about the ambassador programme.
- Sign up your ambassador through your MyLEARNZ control panel.
7. Encouraging Parental Involvement: Home-School partnerships
- Teachers, you can communicate with parents about supporting your students' learning during this field trip. Find out how and get the text for a letter or email home.
- If you have questions regarding the field trip please email me email@example.com or call 0800 22 55 53 (0800 CALL LEARNZ).
9. For teachers who are new to LEARNZ:
- There is no prescribed way of using a LEARNZ virtual field trip.
- Curriculum links are available for you to check and see how the field trip relates to your class programme.
- Use your teacher or class login (username and password) for anything related to audioconferences or to use the Ask-an-Expert web board.
- Give the class login (username and password you set up for them in MyLEARNZ) to your students to use in class and at home.
- For help with login procedures go to Teacher Registration explained or call the teacher free phone 0800 22 55 53.
- The Prepare Students section of the Memorial Park site ensures your students are ready when the field trip gets under way.
- The background readings give an overall idea of the topic and can be used to generate further inquiry. The activities consolidate new learning and encourage deeper thinking.
- During the field trip your class can follow the action in my daily diary, watch the videos, and ask questions or listen during live audioconferences with our experts. Combined with the background readings, and Ask-an-Expert (requires a login), these components are powerful mediums for inquiry learning.
- See also Getting Started with LEARNZ.
Ka kite anō and I will catch up with you again soon.
LEARNZ Field Trip Teacher