Interactive, self-marking activities
These activities test domain knowledge from the Background pages and assist students to develop higher levels of inquiry.
More activities may go here.
|Curriculum Area||Strand||Background Pages||Learning Outcome||Activity|
Place and Environment
|Curriculum||Strand||Background Pages||Learning Outcomes||Activity|
Number and Algebra
More Things to Try
- Diaries and journals; keep your own field trip diary - Word (13k) | PDF (274k) | Google Doc.
- Web Quest. This print-and-copy task helps students become familiar with the Matariki and Navigation website functions. It also assists students with their inquiry skills, particularly information gathering and asking good questions. Students need to have an internet connection and their class login - Word (227k) | PDF (684k) | Google Doc.
- Web conference activity. Students can work on this activity while they listen to live or recorded web conferences - Word (25k) | PDF (167k) | Google Doc. Notes from these pages could be shared to help put together the class web conference summary.
- Web conference summary template Word (29k) | PDF (113k) | Google Doc.
- A simple activity for students to build connections between words and improve their vocabulary. Students could enter words from the field trip glossary into http://graphwords.com/.