Teachers, did you make your own unit or activity or lesson plan for this field trip? If so please email it to us and we will add it to this section.
- Take part in the free for teachers PLD webinar for this field trip.
Student self assessments
Your students can complete the online pre-test and post-test student self-assessment forms for this field trip. Once completed you can email email@example.com to have your class submissions extracted and emailed to you. It's OK if just some of your students have filled them in or if they have submitted either self assessment rather than both.
Web Conference resources
- Our Primary Industries web conference activity: Students can work on this activity while they listen to live or recorded web conferences - Word (31k) | PDF (217k) | Google Doc. Notes from these pages could be shared to help put together the class web conference summary
- Web Conference summary sheet: The class web conference summary can be done in a format of your own choosing, but feel free to use the web conference summary sheet - Word (36k) | PDF (201k) | Google Doc. We'd love to share your ideas on the field trip website and help your students feel valued for their efforts. Please send your class summary to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Planning Sequence example for a virtual field trip - Word (652k) | PDF (311k) | Google Doc.
- Video question sheet - Word (31k) | PDF (217k) | Google Doc. To use for each video (based on SOLO Taxonomy).
- EPIC: Through EPIC The Ministry of Education has paid a subscription on behalf of all registered New Zealand schools to access a range of quality, educational e-resources. For information about how to register with EPIC go to http://www.epic.org.nz/. More information is at https://www.tki.org.nz/epic2. If you are unsure if your school is registered ask your librarian or principal.
Links and downloads
- Explore the Ministry for Primary Industries website to learn more about biosecurity, animal welfare and food safety
- Watch the videos on the MPI YouTube channel
- Go to the Plant & Food Research website to find out more about the pipfruit industry
- Try these MPI Primary Industries lessons
- Use these MPI teacher resources - a set of learning activities for mathematics, science, social studies and technology – with a specific focus on the kiwifruit industry
- Check out these resources in the Pond
- Go to the GrowingNZ directory of primary industry related teacher resources
- Search the National Library for related material on food and healthy eating
- Check out the Science Learning Hub horticulture and biosecurity section
- Discover how scientists can breed red fleshed apples on the Science Learning Hub
- Find out more about DOC's role in biosecurity
- The LEARNZ Team think that joining the NZASE and staying connected through the NZ Science Teacher will help you become a better teacher of science.
PDF documents: To view or print out PDF documents you will need the Adobe Acrobat (PDF) Reader. This is available free from the Adobe website.