Loading Birds of Aotearoa
Loading Kōkako Habitat
Loading Māori and Kōkako
Loading Threats to Kōkako
Loading Mount Pirongia Restoration
Loading Bringing Kōkako Back
More interactive activities to come
More Things to Try
- Diaries and journals; keep your own field trip diary - Word (13k) | PDF (274k) | Google Doc.
- Web Quest. This print-and-copy task helps students become familiar with how this Kōkako website functions. It also assists students with their inquiry skills, particularly information gathering and asking good questions. Students need to have an internet connection and their class login - Word (227k) | PDF (684k) | Google Doc.
- Web conference activity. Students can work on this activity while they listen to live or recorded web conferences - Word (25k) | PDF (167k) | Google Doc. Notes from these pages could be shared to help put together the class web conference summary.
- Web conference summary template Word (29k) | PDF (113k) | Google Doc.
- Graph Words. A simple activity for students to build connections between words and improve their vocabulary. Students could enter words from the field trip glossary into http://graphwords.com/.
- Try this computer science activity on the kōkako life cycle kindly shared by Jo Dudley from Ilam School. This activity relates to the new digital technologies curriculum - Word (671k) | PDF (448k).