Teachers, did you make your own unit or activity or lesson plan for this field trip? If so please email it to us and we will add it to this section.
Your students can complete the online pre-test and post-test student self-assessment forms for this field trip. Once completed you can email firstname.lastname@example.org to have your class submissions extracted and emailed to you. It's OK if just some of your students have filled them in or if they have submitted either self assessment rather than both.
- Generic Planning Sequence for a LEARNZ virtual field trip - Word (610k) | PDF (233k) | Google doc.
- EPIC: Through EPIC The Ministry of Education has paid a subscription on behalf of all registered New Zealand schools to access a range of quality, educational e-resources. For information about how to register with EPIC go to http://www.epic.org.nz/. More information is at https://www.tki.org.nz/epic2. If you are unsure if your school is registered ask your librarian or principal.
- Video question sheet - Word (31k) | PDF (217k) | Google doc to use for each video (based on SOLO Taxonomy).
- Web conference activity: Students can work on this activity while they listen to live or recorded web conferences - Word (25k) | PDF (167k) | Google Doc. Notes from these pages could be shared to help put together the class web conference summary
- Do a class web conference summary. Making a class summary of a web conference is a great way of reviewing the information your students heard. It's easy to do, purely as some text, or as main facts on a picture background. Feel free to use the webconference summary sheet - Word (29k) | PDF (114k) | Google doc. We'd love to share your ideas so please send your class summary to email@example.com.
- Remember you can listen to the web conferences again from the conference recordings if you want to gather more information.
- Teachers, did you make your own unit or activity or lesson plan for this field trip? If so please email it to us and we will add it to this section.
- The LEARNZ Team think that joining the NZASE and staying connected through the NZ Science Teacher will help you become a better teacher of science.
- Go to the NZTA education portal for teacher resources on road safety and more
- Find out more about the safe system approach on the NZTA Safer Journeys website
- Read the New Zealand road code to learn more about how to safely use the road
- Learn more about the 2017 Future Transport Competition and the winning entry
- Take a look at the cyling and walking information on the Auckland Transport web site
- Visit the NZ TrackSafe site to find out more about how to stay safe around trains and railway lines
PDF documents: To view or print out PDF documents you will need the Adobe Acrobat (PDF) Reader. This is available for free from the Adobe website.