Teachers, did you make your own unit or activity or lesson plan for this field trip? If so please email it to us and we will add it to this section.
- Take part in the free for teachers PLD webinar for this field trip.
Student self assessments
Your students can complete the online pre-test and post-test student self-assessment forms for this field trip. Once completed you can email email@example.com to have your class submissions extracted and emailed to you. It's OK if just some of your students have filled them in or if they have submitted either self assessment rather than both.
- Generic Planning Sequence for a LEARNZ virtual field trip - Word (610k) | PDF (233k) | Google doc.
- EPIC: Through EPIC The Ministry of Education has paid a subscription on behalf of all registered New Zealand schools to access a range of quality, educational e-resources. For information about how to register with EPIC go to http://www.epic.org.nz/. More information is at https://www.tki.org.nz/epic2. If you are unsure if your school is registered ask your librarian or principal.
- Video question sheet - Word (31k) | PDF (217k) | Google doc to use for each video (based on SOLO Taxonomy).
- Web conference activity: Students can work on this activity while they listen to live or recorded web conferences - Word (25k) | PDF (167k) | Google Doc. Notes from these pages could be shared to help put together the class web conference summary
- Do a class web conference summary. Making a class summary of an web conference is a great way of reviewing the information your students heard. It's easy to do, purely as some text, or as main facts on a picture background. Feel free to use the web conference summary sheet - Word (29k) | PDF (114k) | Google doc. We'd love to share your ideas so please send your class summary to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Remember you can listen to the web conferences again from the audio recordings if you want to gather more information.
- Go to the Spirit of Adventure site.
- Check out the Spirit of Adventure resources in the Pond.
- Water Safety New Zealand - all about being safe on and in the water around New Zealand, including a range of education resources.
- Never Lost - an exploration of Polynesian navigation. Lots of information, videos, images, knot tying tutorials etc.
- Waka ama guidelines - Maritime NZ downloads related to waka ama safety.
- Watch this Spirit of Adventure Seven Sharp video on Youtube.
- Watch this Unforgetable Gift Youtube video on the Spirit of Adventure.
PDF documents: To view or print out PDF documents you will need the Adobe Acrobat (PDF) Reader. This is available free from the Adobe website.