The Virtual Learning Network (VLN) is an online support area for all New Zealand educators, provided by the Ministry of Education.
Much of the VLN is open-access so you can view it without the need to create an account or log in.
However, to contribute you must log in (and have created an account).
There is a dedicated LEARNZ Group on the VLN that you can join, where you can:
- share examples of class learning
- view questions from other teachers about LEARNZ
- view answers
- post questions and answers.
The following are some ideas for your posts:
- Post a photo of your class learning for this field trip
- Post a lesson plan or activity that you have created or adapted for this field trip
- Suggest a video for a particular field trip that you would like the LEARNZ team to shoot and edit for your class during the field trip.
- Suggest how teachers could integrate a LEARNZ field trip into their reading or literacy programme.
- Ask for links to other support material related to a particular LEARNZ field trip.
- Ask for suggestions from other teachers and educators about integrating a particular LEARNZ field trip into your teaching and learning programme
- Respond to a query from another teacher.
People who respond to posts in the LEARNZ Group on the VLN include:
- classroom teachers
- school curriculum coordinators
- the LEARNZ team
- CORE Education facilitators
- other education groups