Teachers, did you make your own unit or activity or lesson plan for this field trip? If so please email it to us and we will add it to this section.
Your students can complete the online pre-test and post-test student self-assessment forms for this field trip. Once completed you can email firstname.lastname@example.org to have your class submissions extracted and emailed to you. It's OK if just some of your students have filled them in or if they have submitted either self assessment rather than both.
- Generic Planning Sequence for a LEARNZ virtual field trip - Word (610k) | PDF (233k) | Google doc.
- EPIC: Through EPIC The Ministry of Education has paid a subscription on behalf of all registered New Zealand schools to access a range of quality, educational e-resources. For information about how to register with EPIC go to http://www.epic.org.nz/. More information is at https://www.tki.org.nz/epic2. If you are unsure if your school is registered ask your librarian or principal.
- Video question sheet - Word (31k) | PDF (217k) | Google doc to use for each video (based on SOLO Taxonomy).
- Web conference activity: Students can work on this activity while they listen to live or recorded web conferences - Word (25k) | PDF (167k) | Google Doc. Notes from these pages could be shared to help put together the class web conference summary
- Do a class web conference summary. Making a class summary of an web conference is a great way of reviewing the information your students heard. It's easy to do, purely as some text, or as main facts on a picture background. Feel free to use the web conference summary sheet - Word (29k) | PDF (114k) | Google doc. We'd love to share your ideas so please send your class summary to email@example.com.
- Remember you can listen to the web conferences again from the conference recordings if you want to gather more information.
- National Library - Services to Schools have created a great resource list for New Zealand students studying Water.
- Take a look at the Wellington Water website
- Use the Turning on the Tap educational resource
- Try NIWA's teaching resources on freshwater and stormwater
- Check out the TKI Instructional Series: Connected - The Fish Highway
- Go to the Science Learning Hub to find resources on water
- Futureintech for Students: Futureintech shares the career experiences of New Zealand's scientists, engineers and technologists to help you decide if a job like theirs is right for you.
PDF documents: To view or print out PDF documents you will need the Adobe Acrobat (PDF) Reader. This is available free from the Adobe website.