Win $200 for any resources you want for your class!
The Link Alliance / City Rail Link Limited (CRL) have three prizes of $200 to give to a primary, an intermediate, and a secondary (up to Yr 10) class. You just need to...
It could be a station that is:
- designed for rail, another mode of transport, or transport that doesn’t even exist yet!
- overground, underground, in the water, or the sky!
- creative, fun and innovative!
You never know when an idea could turn into a reality. Link Alliance / CRL want to know what kind of clever, creative space you would come up with, and are looking for innovative ideas highlighting at least one sustainable design element that:
- reflects the culture and/or history of Aotearoa
- considers the environment
- caters for the needs of other people
See how the Link Alliance / CRL partnered with mana whenua and consulted a wide range of people to design four innovative and sustainable underground train stations in Auckland.
Research / Consider:
- How did CRL design four innovative and sustainable underground stations?
- What is important to you that you would incorporate into your design?
- What might other people need or want? How could you find this out?
You will have a better chance of creating a winning design if you explore resources in this field trip - Future journeys: Linking people and places sustainably.
- Brainstorm lots of ideas
- Be original
- Use your imagination! Be creative! Dream big!
Choose your design medium:
- A digital design–created on a platform of your choice
- An artistic impression–hand-drawn, coloured in, painted…
- A physical model–made out of a range of materials.
- Share your work by sending us a public link or a file (less than 10Mb) as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please tell us your name/s, year group/s and the name of your school in your email. Give your station a name and briefly describe how it is sustainable in some way.
- Entries can be uploaded onto a YouTube account with the privacy option on ‘Public'. Or send a link to a file in your school Google drive, set it to ‘Anyone with a link’, as ‘Viewer’. Please do not send in large source files.
- Ensure that any media content, such as images and sound that you use adhere to appropriate Creative Commons licensing.
- By sharing, you grant LEARNZ and The Link Alliance and City Rail Link Limited with permission to use digital creations in connection with this LEARNZ online field trip and for future promotion in LEARNZ and The Link Alliance and City Rail Link Limited, and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use.
- Entries close on 1 October 2021 at 5 pm.
Submissions will receive a digital certificate and be displayed on the LEARNZ and CRL websites and social media platforms.