Share your rail safety messages
Win one of two return trips on the TranzAlpine with LEARNZ!
Waka Kotahi and KiwiRail have four seats on the TranzAlpine for two New Zealand ākonga to give away! These will go to two students from Years 5–8, with a guardian each. Winners will travel from Christchurch to Greymouth and return.
So, you’ll get to experience the TranzAlpine: STEM-learning journey with a view for real!
To ensure the challenge is fair, all entries must meet the following criteria:
- All entries must be the original work of the student/s submitting the entry.
- All entries must highlight rail safety messages.
- Ensure that any media content, such as images and sound that you use adhere to appropriate Creative Commons licensing.
- All entries must be submitted before 20 August 2021 at 5pm.
- The CONSENT TO ENTER form needs to be completed by a parent or legally appointed guardian in full.
- An attachment (less than 10mb) or a link to a public file/resource needs to be provided for each entry. Please do not send in source files. For example, entries can be uploaded onto a YouTube account with the privacy option on ‘Public', or be able to be viewed independently.
- By sharing your poster, you grant LEARNZ and Te Waka Kotahi (NZTA), Kiwrail and Tracksafe NZ permission to use digital creations in connection with this LEARNZ online field trip and for future promotion in LEARNZ, Waka Kotahi and Rail Safety week, and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use.
- The person completing the CONSENT TO ENTER form will need to read the challenge terms and conditions below.
Terms and conditions
The competition is open to Year 5 - 8 students from New Zealand. Disqualified participants may not enter into the competition.
Entry into the competition is deemed to be acceptance of the ‘Participate’ description above and confirmation that the entrant has the necessary authority to enter the competition. Please review the CONSENT to ENTER form.
LEARNZ and Waka Kotahi (NZTA) reserves the right to exclude any person from participating in the challenge on reasonable grounds.
LEARNZ and Waka Kotahi (NZTA) reserves the right to refuse to award any prize to an entrant who LEARNZ decides (in its sole discretion) has not adhered to the entry criteria, above, gained unfair advantage in participating in the competition, or won using fraudulent means.
By participating, entrants grant LEARNZ and Waka Kotahi (NZTA) exclusive permission to use their names, photographs, and digital creations in connection with the competition and for future promotion and marketing purposes and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use.
LEARNZ and Waka Kotahi (NZTA) accepts no responsibility for late or misdirected entries.
Only the students who originally entered the competition can be awarded the prizes.
The winners will be determined by a panel within LEARNZ, Waka Kotahi (NZTA) and Tracksafe NZ who will use the entry categories criteria, above, of the competition.
The panel determination of the winners will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
The winners will be notified by email, phone (voice or text) or mail and must be available for the preparation of all publicity that may be required by LEARNZ.
If you win:
You must redeem a voucher in one booking only. A voucher is applicable to Scenic fares only, it cannot be used to purchase Scenic Plus fares. Any amount not redeemed in that booking will be lost and no credit will remain. A voucher can only be used once and cannot be redeemed in conjunction with another voucher or discount. Vouchers can only be redeemed online through greatjourneysofnz.co.nz cannot be redeemed on-board or at the terminals. There is NO REFUND on the voucher value if the booking is subsequently changed or cancelled. There is NO REFUND if the value of the booking is less than the value of the voucher. All travel is subject to availability at the time of booking, the fare rules quoted at the time of booking and the Interislander Conditions of Carriage. KiwiRail Limited, its related bodies corporate, their officers, employees and agents will not be liable for any loss, damage or personal injury whatsoever suffered or sustained in connection with the use of this voucher, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. A voucher is non-transferable and CANNOT be on sold or exchanged for cash.
LEARNZ reserves the right to extend or discontinue the challenge at any stage, for any reason.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, LEARNZ will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for personal injury as a result of competition entry or winning competition prizes.
Participation in the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
If you have any questions please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use ‘TranzAlpine challenge question’ in the subject line.