Matutaera Herangi is a local Haakarimata guide and tour operator. His whakapapa extends to many notable people from this rohe.
Lauren is a Communications Advisor for Herenga ā Nuku.
The following questions from schools are answered by Matutaera and Lauren:
- What is the best walk each of you have ever been on and what made it so memorable?
- Why is it important to get out and connect with nature? Can it improve my hauora/wellbeing?
- Is it important to know about the stories of the places around me, like maunga, awa, why?
- How can I find out about the places to go walking in around me and the stories about these places?
- Why is important to look after these places? What can we do to look after the places around us?
- What is the story of how the Hakarimata Ranges got their name?
Nicky works for Sport Waikato as a professional learning partner. What does that mean? Watch the video to find out!
Chris is a former DOC Ranger and lifelong conservationist.
John is a former DOC Ranger and longstanding friend of Haakarimata conservation.