Web Conference resources
- Map my Waahi web conference activity: Students can work on this activity while they listen to live or recorded web conferences - Word (27k) | PDF (217k) | Google Doc. Notes from these pages could be shared to help put together the class web conference summary
- Web Conference summary sheet: The class web conference summary can be done in a format of your own choosing, but feel free to use the web conference summary sheet - Word (36k) | PDF (201k) | Google Doc. We'd love to share your ideas on the field trip website and help your students feel valued for their efforts. Please send your class summary to email@example.com.
- Planning Sequence example for a virtual field trip - Word (652k) | PDF (311k) | Google Doc.
- Video question sheet - Word (31k) | PDF (217k) | Google Doc. To use for each video (based on SOLO Taxonomy).
- EPIC: Through EPIC The Ministry of Education has paid a subscription on behalf of all registered New Zealand schools to access a range of quality, educational e-resources. For information about how to register with EPIC go to http://www.epic.org.nz/. More information is at https://www.tki.org.nz/epic2. If you are unsure if your school is registered ask your librarian or principal.
Links and downloads
- Google Earth - free application that lets you fly anywhere on Earth to view satellite imagery.
- Google My Maps - free application that you can use to make your own maps and share them with others online.
- ZeeMaps - free tool that allows you to create your own map.
- ArcGIS Online - free tool enabling the user to explore and analyse data using maps - called the Esri Program for Schools.
- MyMaps Tutorial - A step by step tutorial using Google MyMaps to plot shark sightings.
- DOC Maps and Data - Explore our nature with interactive mapping tools and free downloadable data.
- LINZ Data Service - Access topographic maps and highly detailed aerial photos.
- Esri ArcGIS StoryMaps - Story maps combine web maps to incorporate text, multimedia. Story maps inform, educate, entertain, and inspire people about a wide variety of topics.
- Google Earth Pro (external site) – view and use a variety of content, including map and terrain data and imagery.
- Mapping on Pond - These 'Pond' links will give you a range of links, resources and information related to the field trip topic: https://shar.es/1SvoPB - digital mapping | https://shar.es/1SvoL5 - cultural mapping