- Access a recording of the teachers PLD webinar for this and other field trips for term 4.
- Your students can complete the online pre-test and post-test student self-assessment forms for this field trip. Once completed you can email firstname.lastname@example.org to have your class submissions extracted and emailed to you. It's OK if just some of your students have filled them in or if they have submitted either self-assessment rather than both.
Web conference resources
- Waste not Wasted web conference activity: Students can work on this activity while they listen to live or recorded web conferences - PDF (118k) | Google Doc. Notes from these pages could be shared to help put together the class web conference summary
- Web Conference summary: The class web conference summary can be done in a format of your own choosing, but feel free to use the web conference summary sheet - PDF (78k) | Google Doc. We'd love to share your ideas on the field trip website and help your students feel valued for their efforts. Please send your class summary to email@example.com.
- Planning Sequence example for a virtual field trip - Word (2.7Mb) | PDF (178k) | Google Doc.
- Video question sheet - Word (31k) | PDF (217k) | Google Doc. To use for each video (based on SOLO Taxonomy).
- EPIC: Through EPIC the Ministry of Education has paid a subscription on behalf of all registered New Zealand schools to access a range of quality, educational e-resources. For information about how to register with EPIC go to http://www.epic.org.nz/. More information is at https://www.tki.org.nz/epic2. If you are unsure if your school is registered ask your librarian or principal.
Links and downloads
- Transwaste Canterbury - more information about landfills and resource recovery in Canterbury.
- Thinking about plastic: interactive planning map - Science Learning Hub has grouped a range of resources related to plastic into key science and teaching concepts. The resources cover the idea of plastic as a useful material but also as a wicked problem.
- Zero Waste Education - An award winning programme offered to schools and preschools nationwide.
- Xtreme Zero Waste - Waikato-based community enterprise, using business as a tool to meet community needs.
- Environmental Education for Resource Sustainability Trust - EERST is Tauranga-based and runs environmental programmes and waste assessments for schools, councils and businesses.
- Enviroschools - Nationwide programme aiming to create a healthy, peaceful, sustainable world.
- Recycle NZ - Information about helping to make New Zealand waste free and sustainable.
- Sustainable Living - Aotearoa NZ-based community education programme to help reduce your environmental impact at home.
- Make the Most of Waste - Auckland Council site with information and a focus on zero waste by 2040.
- Ideas for reading and research - This is a list of suggested reading for a variety of age levels on topics like recycling, landfills, waste, carbon footprints, and sustainability.
PDF documents: To view or print out PDF documents you will need the Adobe Acrobat (PDF) Reader. This is available free from the Adobe website.