<- Homepage: Marine Reserves: Exploring Kapiti
- Your students can complete the online pre-test and post-test student self-assessment forms for this field trip. Once completed you can email firstname.lastname@example.org to have your class submissions extracted and emailed to you. It's OK if just some of your students have filled them in or if they have submitted either self-assessment rather than both.
Web conference resources
- Marine Reserves web conference activity: Students can work on this activity while they listen to live or recorded web conferences - PDF (118k) | Google Doc. Notes from these pages could be shared to help put together the class web conference summary
- Web Conference summary: The class web conference summary can be done in a format of your own choosing, but feel free to use the web conference summary sheet - PDF (78k) | Google Doc. We'd love to share your ideas on the field trip website and help your students feel valued for their efforts. Please send your class summary to email@example.com.
- Planning Sequence example for a virtual field trip - Word (2.7Mb) | PDF (178k) | Google Doc.
- Video question sheet - Word (31k) | PDF (217k) | Google Doc. To use for each video (based on SOLO Taxonomy).
- EPIC: Through EPIC the Ministry of Education has paid a subscription on behalf of all registered New Zealand schools to access a range of quality, educational e-resources. For information about how to register with EPIC go to http://www.epic.org.nz/. More information is at https://www.tki.org.nz/epic2. If you are unsure if your school is registered ask your librarian or principal.
- Marine Reserves on Pond - do a search for "freshwater" or other related key words at https://www.pond.co.nz/search for further resources and information related to the field trip topic.
Links and downloads
- DOC - The Department of Conservation (DOC) site has information about the protection of New Zealand's natural and historic heritage, how and where you can enjoy public conservation places and how to get involved in conservation.
- DOC - marine reserves: A range of information on the 44 marine reserves DOC is responsible for managing and monitoring.
- Protecting Our Marine World - an integrated curriculum teaching resource with New Zealand’s marine reserves as a real-life context for learning.
- Science Learning Hub - marine related resources.
- Seaweek - Find out more about this year's Seaweek.
- Marine Metre Squared - Marine Metre Squared is an easy way for anyone to survey the plants and animals living on their local seashore.
- Experiencing Marine Reserves - A national programme of experiential learning about marine conservation.
- New Zealand Marine Studies Centre - a window on marine research at the University of Otago with an aquarium which showcases marine life from Southern New Zealand water.
- WickED - activities about the sea.