Also see Curriculum -->
- Access a recording of the teachers PLD webinar for this and other field trips for term 1.
- Your students can complete the online pre-test and post-test student self-assessment forms for this field trip. Once completed you can email firstname.lastname@example.org to have your class submissions extracted and emailed to you. It's OK if just some of your students have filled them in or if they have submitted either self-assessment rather than both.
Web conference resources
- Water web conference activity: Students can work on this activity while they listen to live or recorded web conferences - PDF (99k) | Google Doc. Notes from these pages could be shared to help put together the class web conference summary
- Web Conference summary: The class web conference summary can be done in a format of your own choosing, but feel free to use the web conference summary sheet - PDF (78k) | Google Doc. We'd love to share your ideas on the field trip website and help your students feel valued for their efforts. Please send your class summary to email@example.com.
- Planning Sequence example for a virtual field trip - Word (2.7Mb) | PDF (178k) | Google Doc.
- Video question sheet - Word (31k) | PDF (217k) | Google Doc. To use for each video (based on SOLO Taxonomy).
- EPIC: Through EPIC the Ministry of Education has paid a subscription on behalf of all registered New Zealand schools to access a range of quality, educational e-resources. For information about how to register with EPIC go to http://www.epic.org.nz/. More information is at https://www.tki.org.nz/epic2. If you are unsure if your school is registered ask your librarian or principal.
- Water on Pond - do a search for "water", "irrigation" or other related key words at https://www.pond.co.nz/search for further resources and information related to the field trip topic.
Links and downloads
- Irrigation New Zealand - INZ is a national membership organisation that looks after the interests of irrigating farmers, growers and the industry professionals that service them.
- National Library - Services to Schools have created a great resource list for New Zealand students studying Water.
- Go to the Science Learning Hub to find resources on water.
PDF documents: To view or print out PDF documents you will need the Adobe Acrobat (PDF) Reader. This is available free from the Adobe website.