Web Conference resources
- Kauri Dieback web conference activity: Students can work on this activity while they listen to live or recorded web conferences - Word (31k) | PDF (217k) | Google Doc. Notes from these pages could be shared to help put together the class web conference summary
- Web Conference summary sheet: The class web conference summary can be done in a format of your own choosing, but feel free to use the web conference summary sheet - Word (36k) | PDF (201k) | Google Doc. We'd love to share your ideas on the field trip website and help your students feel valued for their efforts. Please send your class summary to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Planning Sequence example for a virtual field trip - Word (652k) | PDF (311k) | Google Doc.
- Video question sheet - Word (31k) | PDF (217k) | Google Doc. To use for each video (based on SOLO Taxonomy).
- EPIC: Through EPIC The Ministry of Education has paid a subscription on behalf of all registered New Zealand schools to access a range of quality, educational e-resources. For information about how to register with EPIC go to http://www.epic.org.nz/. More information is at https://www.tki.org.nz/epic2. If you are unsure if your school is registered ask your librarian or principal.
- Kauri on Pond - do a search for "kauri" at https://www.pond.co.nz/search for further resources and information related to the field trip topic.
Links and downloads
- The Kauri Dieback Programme - find 'Documents and Resources' for further activities, factsheets, and other school resources.
- Kauri dieback | MPI - Ministry for Primary Industries - Find out about kauri dieback, how it spreads and how you can help protect our native forests.
- Teacher support material for Kauri Dieback Connected, Level 4, 2017 - PDF | DOC
- Education for Sustainability Kete. This community is designed to help teachers engage students in relevant learning about sustainability, and encourage them to act sustainably and contribute to the well-being of New Zealand - includes curriculum resources and teaching tools.