Teachers, did you make your own unit or activity or lesson plan for this field trip? If so please email it to us and we will add it to this section.
Answers to Print and Copy Activities
Student self assessments
Your students can complete the online pre-test and post-test student self-assessment forms for this field trip. Once completed you can email email@example.com to have your class submissions extracted and emailed to you. It's OK if just some of your students have filled them in or if they have submitted either self assessment rather than both.
- Learn about GPS or Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS) in the LINZ Survey toolbox module - PDF (511k).
- Generic Planning Sequence for a LEARNZ virtual field trip - Word (610k) | PDF (233k) | Google doc.
- EPIC: Through EPIC The Ministry of Education has paid a subscription on behalf of all registered New Zealand schools to access a range of quality, educational e-resources. For information about how to register with EPIC go to http://www.epic.org.nz/. More information is at https://www.tki.org.nz/epic2. If you are unsure if your school is registered ask your librarian or principal.
- Video question sheet - Word (31k) | PDF (217k) | Google doc to use for each video (based on SOLO Taxonomy).
- Audio activity: Students can work on this activity while they listen to live or recorded audioconferences - Word (25k) | PDF (167k) | Google Doc. Notes from these pages could be shared to help put together the class audioconference summary
- Do a class audioconference summary. Making a class summary of an audioconference is a great way of reviewing the information your students heard. It's easy to do, purely as some text, or as main facts on a picture background. Feel free to use the audioconference summary sheet - Word (29k) | PDF (114k) | Google doc. We'd love to share your ideas so please send your class summary to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Remember you can listen to the enhanced audioconferences again from the audio recordings if you want to gather more information.
- Check out this NCEA Internal Assessment Resource for Geography Level 1 'Applying Spatial Analysis, with direction, to solve a geographic problem using ArcGIS Online'