Links to Diaries from Shelley the LEARNZ Teacher will appear here during the field trip:
- Diary 1 - for Saturday and Sunday 1-2 November. Join Shelley and the ambassadors as they travel from Christchurch to Antarctica and complete their field training.
- Diary 2 - for Monday 3 November. Fly out to Cape Bird on a helicopter to help the scientists collect samples from the Adelie penguin colony.
- Diary 3 - for Tuesday 4 November. Jump on a skidoo and head out to Cape Evans to meet the science team and prepare for a scuba dive under the sea ice.
- Diary 4 - for Wednesday 5 November. Take a walk over to the wet lab at Scott Base and find out about the experiments that Kate Sparks has being doing on Antarctic cushion stars and urchins
- Diary 5 - for Thursday 6 November. Head back out on the skidoo to two different sites to take samples from the sea floor with the divers and help Rebecca do some ice fishing.
- Diary 6 - for Friday 7 November. Take your last ride on a skidoo out to Turtle Rock to search for Weddell seals and their pups.