There's a lot you and your class can do to round out your LEARNZ virtual field trip experience.
- Reflect by filling out the Evaluation Form and go in the Prize Draw
- Share learning for this field trip on the LEARNZ Group on EdSpace
- Email the LEARNZ Teacher email@example.com
- a web conference summary done by your class
- photos of students' work (no last names visible please)
- a link to your class blog showing learning from the field trip
- Other Suggestions
- go on a class field trip or other visit (Christchurch based schools could visit the Antarctic Centre)
- in a school newsletter, ask who in your community has been to Antarctica and invite them to a shared lunch to interact with students and staff about their experiences
- invite a visiting speaker, such as a scientist or Antarctic veteran, to your class or school assembly
- do a class presentation eg at assembly or parent evening
- find out more about Scott and Shackleton's expeditions, climate change or Antarctic science projects
- look at ways you can reduce your carbon footprint to help reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
Thanks for taking part and contributing.
Have a look on the Field Trip Chooser for your next LEARNZ virtual field trip.
The LEARNZ Team