Activites test domain knowledge from the Background pages and their Easy-reading versions, assisting students to develop higher levels of inquiry.
Other activities to try
- Try this 'Who Am I' match up activity - Word (37k) | PDF (166k)
- Have a go at the WickEd Antarctic Activities
Science Learning Hub Activities
Go to www.sciencelearn.org.nz
- Looking at water - solid, liquid or gas - Word (746k) | PDF (371k)
- Water molecules in drama - Word (66k) | PDF (123k)
- Solid to liquid to gas - Word (65k) | PDF (121k)
More Things to Try
- Diaries and journals; keep your own field trip diary - Word (13k) | PDF (274k) | Google Doc.
- Web Quest. This print-and-copy task helps students become familiar with the Antarctica website functions. It also assists students with their inquiry skills, particularly information gathering and asking good questions. Students need to have an internet connection and their class login - Word (227k) | PDF (684k) | Google Doc.
- Web conference activity. Students can work on this activity while they listen to live or recorded web conferences - Word (25k) | PDF (167k) | Google Doc. Notes from these pages could be shared to help put together the class web conference summary.
- Web conference summary template Word (29k) | PDF (113k) | Google Doc.
- A simple activity for students to build connections between words and improve their vocabulary. Students could enter words from the field trip glossary into http://graphwords.com/.